Monday, October 15, 2007

monday

You took a class on how to read people
was that at the learning annex?
i told you i was leaving
isnt that enough?
why does the level of detail not satisfy?
i sat on the steps of a brownstone
watching you stop in front of me and try to find your friends
i dont speak what you speak
i tried to make out the level of your crisis by your tone of voice
to the left of me was simone
i knew the tailor who had my wedding dress was within a block or two
i longed for the future as i sat in the past

on the way home i thought about painting
i looked in the paint box
the excuses come so easy
no newspaper

did you take that class with tina
have you looked in the mirror and practiced on yourself
why do you carry that saxophone if you are just gonna talk on your cell phone
i see these questions make you just as uncomfortable as my answers

1 comment:

Mam said...

Ahhh. I just fell a liiittle bit more in love with your blog this morning.