Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Even Aliens discriminate the old

And its not like I THINK I'm old but being 33 isn't exactly fresh and young when it comes to dating. According to the New York Press, even my eggs are too old. Prime eggs peak around 18 and then stop peaking near age 25. Of course I try to LIVE "young" and I THINK "fresh" so I'm confident in my eggs even now. They are wise and sharp. Not at all ready for retirement.

Where was I? yes, the alien on the subway. I was crossing to the 4/5 express at 42nd st (typical commute) and I stepped around a man holding a hand drawn diagram of his "universe". Which apparently wanted only spiritual godly people and if you were female, he specifically pointed out that you CANNOT be a minute over 29 to enter his congregation. He was refusing "old women"!!! And he defined OLD by 30 and ABOVE!!!That mullet haired bastard.

Cause I see even my male friends (in their 30's) checking out younger women. Fresh meat. The Older man (aka last man i dated) went from me to a 26 year old (so i heard). And he was 53. Then this guy at work has a cute friend I met on Friday night whose 28 and he just broke up with an 18 year old!

EIGHTEEN! what are we taking from this?

men of all ages want ripe younger women with fresh parts but not necessarily fresh minds. And this essentially CLARIFIES the point made by my older skater friend from last Saturday night when we were chatting....he said:

"...men only want a relationship with "the one" and anyone else they just want to have fun with"

Ok. I don't see anything super wrong with that. If we believe it then there is some shred of hope for us that men actually continue to quest for the "one". but then again, do you think when a man decides to date someone years younger than him, do you think he has already decided there is no way this is the "one". Do you think he will just play it out as long as he can until even a HINT of "relationship" surfaces? Perhaps there is something to this. I don't know.

Its all just tuesday nite chatter.

ps. thanks to all who chimed in with my warning signs of sadness, I am so thankful for you all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 18? That's slightly.. disturbing. You're not old! When does someone "turn" old anyways?! I think it's all in the mind, and yours seems to be quite wise. So whatever you want to make of that :)

Anonymous said...

Genetically, Men want youth ( and fun spirited sluts) and woman want security (and brains with money.)
You are "old" at 30+, by my standards, You whine, Your insecure but you do sound slutty. ( a 53 yr old! ..Gross) Dont worry, France should be all over you

Sleeping Dogs and Dead Lions said...

Where to begin?

You are only old if you wish to be old, my friend. What does age do? Age doesn't do anything - it doesn't limit you in anyways. However, your mind might lead you to believe that age can have a negative impact.

With age comes knowledge, life experience, etc. and etc. Sure, with such things your body will slowly become older, but the change isn't made in years, it's a change that happens on a day by day basis.

Love and hope still exist, but nonsense has also always existed. Wherever there is love, there will be hope and nonsense as well. Not all relationships are going to be healthy or good. Choose them carefully. :)

One way or another, I am certain you have GREAT qualities and that one day you will find someone suitable for you.

---

As for loving women, I am a man (21) and 'love' is only distributed on a case by case basis. Everything for me starts as friendship and very slowly evolves to a relationship. Age may play a factor, but sometimes not as much as you'd like to think.

AnnaLisa said...

jt you sound just like a pure bred asshole! thanks for the comments. I'm sure you and your giant ego will live happily ever after. Ps. if by your standards, the act of "dating" makes you slutty, then perhaps you should reevaluate your standards. In fact, I think you might be my nemesis of confidence, you make it look so much fun to be overly confident and cocky to the point of obnoxious. Either way, thanks for readin. lol

PhantomZodak said...

jt is an idiot who can't spell a simple contraction. now that i got that out of my system, i'm older than you annalisa. i hate when people say "it's all in your head," it isn't. we all get old. it sucks. fight it. as for: "...men only want a relationship with "the one" and anyone else they just want to have fun with" not true, i want 2 sleep with every woman i see, every day. but women have to prove to us that she is the one, if not, forget about it. we all value youth. it's genetically programmed into us. this isn't a very good comment but whatever.