Monday, August 27, 2007

how sterile can you not be

Ok so I'm wrapping up my time here in the states which means I am taking care of business. This includes the dermatologist, the dentist, gyn the whole works. So i have to have this mole removed on my left boob and this happened today.

I'm not at all new to this procedure as, if you were ever to see me, you would see that my fair complextion is very friendly with skin cancer and the like. They are best friends actually. So sitting in the chair, gown on, and 1 of the two assistants comes in to set it up. I'm watching her lay out the setup. She has no gloves on. She opens each piece of equipment in the usual sterile fasion, only touching the edges of the wrapping and letting it drop down on the tray. Then after she drops each piece of equipment, she then takes her BARE hands and lines them all up. haha. so just to be clear, she completely touched each sterile piece of equipment with her bare hands thus removing any "sterile" properties they had.

I normally sit and do nothing but this time I asked the second assistant if she was "new". haha. my friend says that was ballsy. was it? I just thought maybe no one taught her properly. But the 2nd assistant said "she's off today, sorry".

No biggie, I love extra germs. Thanks for comin....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really no comparison, and I'm ocd, ok.. and rambling.. but anyways, its kind of like going to Subway. They put gloves on to make your sandwich, but it somehow always seems to be the person at the end who is punching #'s into the register who rolls up your sandwich and puts in the napkins, etc. Anyways, yea, sorry, this was more of a ramble than a comment. I digress.

PhantomZodak said...

how r your stitches holding up?

AnnaLisa said...

dude
my stiches are pissing me off. cant take any meds, stressed out by malaysian, wish i could just chill with the good advil situation, its sunday, where is your medicine cabinet? where is your mind? where are you? zodac, my zokalc, im not at all superstitious