Thursday, August 16, 2007

Prepping

Like any good woman about the leave her motherland, I have been researching life in Paris from A to Z. Somehow or other I came across this site www.americansinfrance.com and somehow or other I, curiously, clicked on the "personals" link and you will NEVER guess what i found. Its complete ridiculousness.

Firstly, I ASSUMED that it would be filled with billions of expat men of all ages looking for other american expats to hang with/chill/date/etc. but BOY was I dead wrong. Yes, there are lots of men, but maybe 10% actually live france, much less in Europe. These dudes live everywhere! and a MAJOR portion of them are white guys looking for asian women. And tons and TONS of asian men looking for white women. And like any good dating site, no one pays attention to your age range (my cap is at 40) and 80 year olds are writing me.

Well I was almost so fed up with the entire thing but then decided that, since im not gettin any and basically not dating at all, seeing how this unfolds will provide some entertainment for me and I have kept up my profile. Here is my latest favorite "email" from someone named Murphy4GOD:

Sender: murphy4God
Subject: hi pretty
Date Received: 2007/08/16 01:08
Hello sexy, you won't believe that i have been looking up your profile for more than minutes now, i have watched your photos over anbd over again, i could not take a step to another profile, i deemed it necessary to let you know that you caught my attentions, nothing would be more fufilling to me than to meet an Angel living in another part of this world like you, i could say more to describe you oustanding beauty, but that would mean flattering you with words, and that does not go down too well with me as i believe in actions to prove my worth..lol, i really would love to meet you.that is more important to me now.hope you reciprocate my mail.read from you soon.julian



And another email I recieved was signed "Love". I am wondering if Americans aren't so forward afterall. Maybe we are subdued compared to these outerwordly dudes. Or maybe I have stumbled on the worlds dumbest dating site. There's a guy in Baltimore who "smiled" at me the other day. A guy from Thailand the day before. I dont understand how these people ended up on Americans In France. They dont seem to have anything to do with France at all. It simply makes zero sense, which is, incidentally, what is also intriguing to me. So I pounce on, if anything, to have a good laugh.

Anyway, I'm getting prepared to make the transition to my new "Paris" blog. I will announce the site and get it all prepped once the contract is signed. Should be a in a week or so.

Stay tuned.

INez!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, haha! His name is Julian.. very sexy. Hmm.. I think you might be right about American men being more subdued. :)

Anonymous said...

PLease, so tell us, what will you being doing for work over there? Congrats, Im sure you will find love.

Gonçalo Veiga said...

I'm looking forward to know how the adventure in Paris will turn out! ;)

When will you be leaving?